The Subpod is a 3 in 1 in-ground compost system, worm farm and garden bench all in one! Subpod Classic is an incredibly efficient and innovative, food waste fighting underground pod. It's innovative design is smell free, mess free and stress free! Taking care of your waste is as simple as opening a lid, stirring your scraps and taking a seat!
How does it work?
Compost worms live in Subpod like they would in nature. Underground, they compost in the dark, protected from harsh weather conditions and direct sunlight. Fresh air circulates through Subpod via the ventilation panels, which helps aerobic (odourless) microbes speed up the composting process. As the worms and microbes breed, they explore the soil, taking particles of compost with them and boosting fertility through the garden bed.
Soil is an insulator, it protects the worms in hot weather and gives them a cool place to escape to. When it's cold, the soil traps heat in Subpod and keeps the worms active during winter – so you can compost all year round.
Features & benefits
- Smell-free and pest-proof
- Composts up to 20kg of food waste a week
- Suitable for households of 4 - 8
- Dual compost chambers
- Effortless 5-minute-a-week maintenance
- Includes 2 x worm blankets
- All packaging is 100% home compostable
- Year round composting
Comes flatpacked. Assembly required.
Dimensions: 75cm L x 45cm W x 43cm H
1 x Subpod
2 x 100% natural jute worm blanket
1 x Detailed instruction manual
You will also need composting worms (sold separately) We recommend 500g.
4 easy steps to your own vermicompost!
- Put your food waste in Subpod and aerate your compost to speed up the next step.
- Worms and microbes go to work, breaking down your food waste into worm castings (compost).
- Ventilation and aeration keep your system smell-free while the composting process happens.
- You can harvest your compost and use it as fresh organic fertiliser for your plants!