The 'Red Sentinel' crab apple variety is a profuse producer of spectacular crops of bright red fruits in autumn which persist well into winter. These high pectin crab apples can be used to make jams & jellies. Later in the season as the apples soften on the tree, they provide a valuable food source for birds.
Beautiful blossoms in April & May are attractive to pollinators. Self fertile, this tree is an excellent pollinator for most apple varieties, particularly late-flowering varieties.
- Excellent pollinators for other apple trees
- Source of food for pollinators & birds
- Crab apples are high in pectin - perfect for jam & jelly making
- Ornamental with blossoms in spring and small crab apples in autumn & winter
- Ideal for smaller gardens.
Sold as bare root stock.