- A very attractive bed featuring a central split level section flanked by two raised end beds.
- Features 5 sq metres (54 sq feet) of growing space.
- Requires only 4.2m (14ft) x 1.2m (4ft) available space.
- Pressure treated timber protected against rot.
- Square foot vegetable planting plans available.
- Perfect for an urban garden where space is at a premium.
- Supplied in an easy to assemble flatpack kit with all fixings included.
- Soil/compost mix available to fill.
Our 2 tier urban garden raised bed kit is made up of a central 2 tier 6ft x 4ft section flanked by two 4ft square end beds. The sections are separate beds which are placed together to form this very attractive design.
The urban garden kit is available at two height options depending on your requirements. The lower version moves from 170mm (6.6 inch) to a 340mm (13.4 inch) high tier and is suitable for shallow rooted salad crops in the lower section up to deeper rooted or more demanding crops in the 340mm high upper level. The 1.2m square corner beds are also the full 340mm high giving a total of 40 square feet deep growing space and 8 square foot of shallow 170mm high growing space.
The taller version is the same design except with 40 square feet of 510mm deep growing space and 8 square foot of 340mm growing space. We recommend the deeper bed for growing deep root crops like carrots and parsnips especially if the bed is to be placed on a hard surface like a garden patio.
The urban garden kit can also be supplied with tall integral corner posts as an option for attaching a support mesh for climbing crops like peas and beans. Please call the office for more details.