- Raised bed withsplit levels for growing a wide range of fruit and vegetables.
- Features 4.3 square metres (46 sq feet) of growing space.
- Requires only 1.8m (6ft) x 2.4m (8ft) square available space.
- Pressure treated timber protected against rot.
- Square foot vegetable planting plans available.
- Perfect for an urban garden where space is at a premium.
- Supplied in an easy to assemble flatpack kit with all fixings included.
- Soil/compost mix available to fill.
Our 2 tier urban garden raised bed kit is made up of two central 2 tier 6ft x 4ft sections placed back to back to form an attractive stepped bed. This kit is available at two height options depending on your requirements. The lower version moves from a 170mm (6.6 inch) to a 340mm (13.4 inch) high tier and is suitable for shallow rooted salad crops in the lower section up to deeper rooted or more demanding crops in the 340mm high upper level. The bed gives 2.16 square metres (23 sq. ft.) of 170mm growing space and 2.16 square metres (23 sq. ft.) of 340mm space.
The taller version is the same design except with 2.16 sq. metres of 340 mm deep growing space and 2.16 sq. metres of 510mm growing space. We recommend the deeper bed for growing deep root crops like carrots and parsnips especially if the bed is to be placed on a hard surface like a garden patio.
Volume of soil required : Shallow version takes 1,180 litres to fill and the tall version takes 1,980 litres