- A smart stacked raised bed featuring split levels for growing a wide range of vegetable crops.
- Features 48 sq feet of growing space.
- Requires only 6ft x 8ft square available space.
- Pressure treated timber protected against rot.
- Square foot vegetable planting plans available.
- Perfect for an urban garden where space is at a premium.
- Supplied in an easy to assemble flatpack kit with all fixings included.
- Soil/compost mix available to fill.
Our 2 tier urban garden raised bed kit is made up of two central 2 tier 6ft x 4ft sections placed back to back to form an attractive stepped bed. This kit is available at two height options depending on your requirements. The lower version moves from a 7 inch to a 14 inch high tier and is suitable for shallow rooted salad crops in the lower section up to deeper rooted or more demanding crops in the 14 inch high upper level. The 4ft square corner beds are also the full 14 inches high giving a total of 24 square feet deep growing space and 24 square foot of shallow 7 inch high growing space.
The taller version is the same design except with 24 square feet of 21 inch deep growing space and 24 square foot of 14 inch growing space. We recommend the deeper bed for growing deep root crops like carrots and parsnips especially if the bed is to be placed on a hard surface like a garden patio.
Volume of soil required : 7/14 takes 1,180 litres to fill and the 14/21 takes 1,980 litres