Soil Enriching Peat Free Compost
Note: Envirogrind is intended to be mixed with existing topsoil or used as a mulch to add nutrients to your garden soil, it is not suitable to be used on its own as a container growing mix. Mix at a rate of one third Envirogrind to two thirds topsoil or add as a 3-5cm deep mulch. Envirogrind may continue to compost in the sack so use in the first few days of receipt or pour water into the centre of the bag to stop further composting.
1 metre cubed or approx 1 'ton or 800kg
As we all know growing vegetables takes a lot out of a garden because when we remove our nutritious crops we remove nutrition from the soil. This has to be given back. The really good stuff in the soil is composter organic matter which provides food for your plants, the worms and all the little micro organisms that live in your soil. The microbial life in your soil breaks down nutrients and feeds it to the hungry roots of your plants. It is a wonderful cycle and the corner stone of life on Earth.
The vegetable gardener cannot produce enough of their own compost to keep up nutrient levels in the garden. If you think about it all you're giving back is the waste material, the bulk of the produce is eaten by you and your family and thus doesn't return to the garden. So, we need to substitute in the form of farmyard manure or compost.
Envirogrind is the best form of compost we have found in Ireland, it has all the nutrients the garden needs and is a perfectly balanced, sustainable product. Unlike other composts it contains a high percentage of composted fish waste from Killybegs. This adds a whole host of amino acids, vitamins and macro and micro nutrients important for healthy growth. Here's how it's made:
What's in it?
The percentages of composted materials are: Food 40% - Fish 20% and green 40%. It goes through a 14 week process in a closed Vessel composting facility. It naturally reaches a temperature of 70 degrees which kills off pathogens and weed seeds.
What's so great about it?
- It's a very well balanced product with large amounts of potassium and potash as well as slow release nitrogen. It won't burn plant roots once mixed with topsoil and will release nutrients over a number of months.
- We recommend using it as a mulch or soil improver. It's best worked into the surface of the soil rather than dug in completely.
- It is completely weed free. Fresh manure can contain weeds like thistle and scutch grass or pests like flat worm or leatherjackets. Envirogrind is totally clear of any of these.
- It greatly increases crop yield. We added one bucket to a square metre of soil and left another without. The untreated metre gave us 2.5kg of potatoes while the envirogrind metre gave us 5kg. Maths wasn't my forte at school but even I can see that's double the yield.
- It is a natural product which recycles food and plant waste to turn it into a sustainable, peat free compost product.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
While every effort is made to remove any foreign bodies from the soil and compost we supply we cannot guarantee it is completely free of small fragments of sharp objects. All our soil and compost must pass thorough a fine screening process down to a 20mm but small unwanted particles can escape this process.
While it is unusual to find small pieces of glass or ceramic with sharp edges this does happen from time to time. We strongly recommend using a good pair of gardening gloves when handling any topsoil or municipal compost and our mix is no exception.
IMPORTANT DELIVERY INFORMATION - PLEASE READ
Delivery is Kerbside delivery.
We don't guarantee the bag can be left within the boundry of your property. If we can't access your driveway the bag will be left at the closest point possible.
The soil is delivered in cubic metre bags placed on a wooden pallet. The soil can only go as close to your site as the hand operated pallet truck allows.The truck is not equipped with a grab so bags cannot be lifted over walls or hedges.
While the delivery driver will do his best to get the bag as close as he can to your property he is unable to move the bag over kerbs, up an incline or on loose gravel surfaces. Remember the bag is a tonne weight and once off the truck is moved by the effort of the driver alone.
If you are unsure about access to your property please call us beforehand to discuss.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU REFUSE DELIVERY WE WILL REFUND PART OF YOUR ORDER BUT YOU WILL BE LIABLE FOR A €55.00 DELIVERY CHARGE Per Bag.
Contact us for further details